Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Glimpse at Verona

This is a very small glimpse at the beautiful city of Verona. Don't worry; there will be plenty of other pictures in the next few weeks, but I wanted to post a few shots of my new home.


This is the wall just outside of Juliet's house. People write letters about love and bring them to post on the wall. Although most of them are just the typical "I [heart] so and so," there are others that are really sweet. I'm sure at some point everyone in our group will add a note to the wall.


This marks the entrance to Juliet's house.


Here is a view from one of the squares in Verona. We all really like this one because there is great shopping all the way to the actual square, the architecture is to die for, the pizza is delicious and they have great orange wine spritzers. Pictures just can't capture how quaint and pretty the place is though. It looks like a postcard...except real.


Here is a view from the top of the Colosseum. The white tents are a part of a fresh food festival that is going on. We visit...a lot. Notice all of the colored buildings, though. This continues throughout the entire city - a trend we should pick up in the states? Yes, I think so.


This is the Colosseum in Verona. It is actually older than the one in Rome and apparently better preserved. These days though gladiators aren't prancing around inside the walls - instead it's people like Michael Buble (who sang there last night).

6 comments:

  1. yay great pictures!! I cant wait to see more! I'm so glad I was at your house when you called :) Nat and I are going to have a great time while you're gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and thanks for identifying everything. You must be having the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures -- but where are you? You could really be somewhere else -- like Paris -- or Texas. I want to see your smiling face.

    I want to see you in front of something.

    I love the wall of love letters.

    Michael Buble -- now there's a crooner. No gladiators? -- you must be thinking you're not getting your money's worth.


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'll put up some pictures of me next time, Mrs. Gillham. And Lauryn, you better not become better friends with Natalie than me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um sorry me and lauryn are already bffls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yah im pretty sure it's too late emily... we have already been planning shenanigans

    ReplyDelete